Summary of activities/meeting at Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar, New Delhi, on June 20, 2010
- The meeting began with Prayer & reading of the Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini pledge by all.
- Sri. Rajesh Khanna & Ms. Rekha Agarwal took all participants for a round of school.
- Computer labs & digital audio studios were the focus point of this round. Sri. Rajesh Khanna focussed on the facilities available in the Computer & Digital sections and requested Ashutosh to provide him with the Gaps in the requirements, so that they can be filled up through new procurements/upgrades.
- Complete concept, overview & evolution of Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini was explained in detail, along with the roles of Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini Content Recipient schools, Sri Sathya Sai Content Generator schools and of the different teams that need to be involved.
- During the explanation, roles of SSS Alumni, Youth, Bal Vikas & EHV Coordinators & Gurus, SSSVIP Coordinators and the SSS Vidya Vihar Schools were elucidated.
Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini – Content Recipient School
- The functional and technical workflow of the SSS Vidya Vahini programme was explained in detail.
- The Team Building exercise was demonstrated through the Excel sheets prepared by SSS Vidya Vahini Team, Pune.
- Embedding of Values into the curriculum was demonstrated, based on the work done by Sri Satya Sai Vidya Vahini Team, Pune.
- Technicalities about the repository created in the GMAIL Account were demonstrated and sample documents were shown. This also demonstrated the collaborative work done amongst different teams that could add value to the document in real time.
- A detailed demo was shown on the MKCL Module to provide a look and feel of the Application in terms of digital content – especially animations, videos & other multimedia content.
- Observations made by brother Vibhu on seeing the MKCL Demo were encouraging, as he felt that animations of similar duration and quality could be created without much complexity and would not take too much of time.
- It was shared that the quality and standard of content had to be high and equal across all locations – the quality of the digital content should be better or equal to the MKCL system.
- It was highlighted that all multimedia content developed for this programme will be translated/dubbed in multiple Indian languages
- Delhi Team is to cater to the North region and not just Delhi-NCR – i.e. include J & K, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand & UP, apart from Delhi-NCR.
- Dhruv Sachdeva would be the coordinator for this programme for the North Region and would form the respective teams that are needed – both from the Content Generator and Recipient Schools. Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for each team will also be identified/nominated.
- Till Swami’s 85th birthday, 2010, the target would be to make live three schools – Phulgaon, Maharashtra (West), Whitefield, Bangalore (South) and Yamunanagar, Haryana (North)
- Since the Sri Satya Sai Seva Organisation has already done in-depth work and has developed a rapport and confidence in the minds of the people involved in the management of the school, work could be done more easily and quickly in these schools. Constructive feedback can also be expected from these schools owing to the confidence that has already been developed.
- Mr. Kalra, Coordinator for the Sri Sathya Sai Village Integration Programme, summarised the activities of their team in reaching out to the Villages and such areas in and around Delhi/NCR.
- During the discussions, it became imminent that Schools, where Sri Satya Sai Seva Organisation is already in contact with, are a good target, to start with. However, any school targeted should typically be in the rural or the sub-urban areas, a less endowed school and should provide free education.
- The Delhi SSSVIP team & SSS Alumni Team to visit the school in East Delhi, as explained by an SSSVIP Coordinator, and carry out the survey of the school, as per the format explained – the Survey format is attached herewith. Details of the contact person & the school concerned are available with Dhruv Sachdeva.
- Based on the outcome of the surveys conducted at various village schools, SSS Vidya Vahini Content Recipient School(s) will be selected for Delhi-NCR Region and necessary ground work can then be begun.
Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vahini – Content Generator School
- During the explanation stage, the teachers of the school did role-plays and explained how Values could be integrated into the day-to-day curriculum.
- Role-play was also done by the Bal Vikas Guru, on inclusion of innovative and intuitive activities that could integrate values into the curriculum.
- A detailed presentation on SSS Vidya Vahini scenarios was shown to Ms. Rekha Agarwal and requested them to accomplish them as part of this Programme.
- It was agreed to buy a few sets of books for the 8-10 classes and get them scanned. Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar, New Delhi, through its principal, Ms. Rekha Agarwal, agreed to take up this work.
- Principal of SSS Vidya Vihar School, Ms. Rekha Agarwal, also agreed to get all the role plays being done by the various teachers/students recorded for integrating into the curriculum.
- Dhruv Sachdeva, Vibhu Mahajan and Anupam Chatterjee agreed to work on the Digital Team to coordinate the work on the digitisation, multimedia, videos, etc.
- Vibhu to forward the analysis of the infrastructure requirements vis-à-vis what is available at SSS Vidya Vihar, New Delhi.
- Vibhu and Ashutosh to arrive at a final list of infrastructure requirements in terms of Hardware / Software requirements for building a Digital & Videography Lab for developing the requisite content for the Programme and submit to Mr. Rajesh Khanna.
The Meeting concluded with Om Shanti Shanti Shanti and Samasthah Lokah Sukhinoh Bhavantuh!
The Meeting was attended by:
- Sri Rajesh Khanna
- Sri Sathya Sai Vidya Vihar School, New Delhi, Principal and Teachers
- Balvikas & EHV Gurus
- SSS Alumni (Gents & Ladies)
- Members of the Sri Satya Sai Youth
- Members of the SSSVIP Programme
- State Coordinator Sri Satya Sai Digital Archives
Jai Sai Ram